SNOW HILL, N.C. – The King University men's golf team slid three spots down on the final day of golf to take sixth out of nine teams in the Conference Carolinas Championship. Robert Wilkinson finished in the top ten for the Tornado shooting one above par in the tournament.
KING RESULTS: 6th of 9 (894)
LOCATION: Cutter Creek Golf Club; Snow Hill, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72, 7191 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilkinson led King all tournament long finishing strong on the final day of the tournament shooting a 71, finishing with a final score of 217 to earn him a tie for sixth.
- Alex Bradford wasn't too far behind shooting a 74 on the day and finishing tied for 15th with a score of 223.
- Matthew Dalrymple came in third for the Tornado and tied for 32nd in the tournament with a score of 230.
- Leo Rigamonti improved from his previous round of 83 and carded a 77 to end with a final score of 231, tied for 36th
- Miles Ruff rounds out the group finishing the final day with a score of 78 and a final score of 231 that ties him for 36 as well.
FOR THE FOES
- North Greenville University wins the tournament with a score of 866 while Barton College takes second at 872.
- Austin Duncan and Seth Robertson of North Greenville take first and second respectfully with a final score of 210 and 211.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- For his performance, Wilkinson earns all-tournament team for finishing top ten.
- Third time in his career finishing top ten in the Conference Championship.