BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's golf team won their home tournament with a score of five-under 555 following a final round of eight-under 272. Leo Rigamonti took home his first tournament win, shooting three-under 137.
KING RESULTS: 1st of 9 (555)/King B team 8th of 9 (613)
LOCATION: Golf Course of Bristol; Bristol, Tenn.
COURSE DETAILS: par 70; 6483 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rigamonti followed his opening round of 68 with a round of 69, winning the tournament by one stroke with a score of 137.
- Jeppe Thybo turned in the low round of the tournament on Tuesday, shooting five-under 65. He finished fourth with a tournament score of 140.
- Playing a pair of consistent rounds was Alex Bradford who followed a round of 71 with a round of even-par 70 to finish sixth at 141.
- Chad Couch followed a round of 69 with a 73 in the final round to finish ninth with a stroke total of 142.
- Miles Ruff improved on his opening round of 78 to shoot two-under 68 in the final round, giving him a stroke total of 146.
- The King University B team finished eighth with a score of 613. Beam Ratanaprasartporn led the team with a total of 148. He shot 73 in the first round and 75 in the second round.
- Matthew Dalrymple improved on an opening round of 77 with a 72 in the second round for a total of 149.
- Noah Harkness finished at 153, improving on a round of 79 with a 74 in the final round.
- George Green also improved, shooting 85 in the second round after a 95 in the opening round. He finished with a score of 180.
FOR THE FOES
- King won the tournament with a score of 555 while Tusculum University finished second at 566.
- Rigamonti won the even with a score of 137 while Austin Duncan of North Greenville University finished second at 138.
- King tees it up again on September 30 and October 1 at the North Georgia Fall Invitational at the Achasta Golf Course in Dahlonega, Ga.