ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. – The King University men's golf team opened the spring with a ninth place finish at the Spring Kickoff Intercollegiate. Alex Bradford led the way for the Tornado, taking 24th.
KING RESULTS: 9th of 20 (915)
LOCATION: St. Johns Golf & Country Club; St. Augustine, Fla.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72, 7136 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bradford started with a round of 74 on Monday before following that with a round of 76. He finished the tournament by carding a 78 to finish 24th with a stroke total of 228.
- Beam Ratanaprasartporn wasn't far behind with a tournament total of 229. He finished 30th after shooting 78 in the first round, 75 in the second round and 76 in the final round.
- Miles Ruff and Leo Rigamonti both finished with tournament totals of 231. Ruff started with rounds of 74 and 77 on Monday before shooting 80 on Tuesday.
- Rigamonti carded an 81 in the opening round before shooting back-to-back rounds of 75 to finish the tournament.
- Chad Couch rounded out the team with a score of 237. He shot 79 in the opening round before carding an 80 in the second round. He closed the tournament with a score of 78 on Tuesday.
FOR THE FOES
- Barry University won the tournament with a score of 895 while Lincoln Memorial University finished second at 906. Flagler College was third at 907.
- Evans Lewis was the individual champion with a score of two-under 214.
- The Tornado are in action again on March 2-3 at the Southern Tide Classic.