MURFREESBORO, N.C. – The King University men's soccer team was in action Saturday against Chowan University. The tornado came out the gates hot with an early goal but was unable to stop the Hawks comeback late in the match.
FINAL SCORE: Chowan 2, King 1
LOCATION: Hawks Field; Murfreesboro, N.C.
RECORDS: King 3-7-1, 2-4 Conference Carolinas; Chowan 7-2-1, 5-2 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado came out ready to play striking first blood in the match coming from senior Sam Mburu in the 32nd minute to take the lead 1-0.
- The Hawks, however; bounced back quickly coming from a corner set by Jake Jensen and scored by Toby Sims in the 37th minute to even the match up at 1.
- The score stayed tied going into halftime and for most of the second half.
- In the 77th minute, an unfortunate King foul in the box gave Chowan a penalty kick and was netted coming from the leg of Harry Garstang to take the lead 2-1.
- The Tornado were unable to find the equalizer at the end of the match and dropped the match 2-1.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- King posted 4 shots, placing two on goal while Chowan had 11 shots with five on frame.
- The Hawks led in corner kicks 3-2.
- King hosts Southern Wesleyan University on Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. at Parks Field.
- Chowan travels to Barton on Monday night.