BRISTOL, VA. – The King University men's swimming team faced Milligan College on Saturday afternoon. The Tornado swam well, but fell to Milligan.
KING RESULTS: Milligan 101, King 80
LOCATION: Bristol, Va.
RECORD: King 3-6
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado started the meet with the 200 yard medley relay team of Cade Martin, Juan Somoza, Tyler Brewster, and Wayne Bilancione posting a time of 1:55.76.
- Bilancione came up with a second place finish in the 1000 yard freestyle. He also recorded his first duel meet win of his career in the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 1:04.86.
- Aleksander Stosik took first place in the 200 yard freestyle with a time of 1:49.50. He also finished in first in the 100 yard freestyle with a time of 49.17.
- In the 50 yard freestyle, Ethan DeRouis finished in second with a time of 24.01. He also finished in second in the 100 yard breaststroke posting a time of 1:10.87.
- Juan Somoza touched the wall first in the 200 yard individual medley as he posted a time of 2:00.00. Somoza also set a new school record in the 500 yard freestyle with a time of 4:56.52. He finished that race in first as well.
- Brewster finished second in the 100 yard freestyle with a time of 53.06.
- In the 100 yard backstroke, Martin finished in second with a time of 57.41.
- To finish up the day, the 200 yard freestyle relay team of Stosik, Martin, Somoza, and Brewster finished first with a time of 1:32.09.
QUOTES FROM THE COACH
- "This was a great weekend of racing for our team and a good test of our endurance and determination. Today we won over half of the races, and I couldn't be happier for our team. We will get back to training and look forward to the Sewanee Invite in two weeks."
- King will be in action on October 27th when they travel to Sewanee, Tennessee to swim in the Sewanee Invitational.