CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The King University men's swimming team opened the Fall Frenzy Invitational with a solid day on Friday. Two school records fell, and two personal bests were lowered on Friday.
KING RESULTS: 6th of 7
LOCATION: Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 400 yard medley relay team of Aleksandar Stosik, Juan Somoza, Tyler Brewster and Cade Martin touched the wall in 3:33.98 to finish eighth a set a new school record.
- They topped the previous mark of 3:35.34 that was set in February.
- Stosik then came away with a school record in the 50 yard freestyle with a time of 21.11 seconds.
- That mark lowered the previous mark of 21.63 seconds that stood since 2011.
- Also in the 50 yard freestyle, Ethan DeRouis posted a personal best with a time of 23.26 seconds.
QUOTE FROM THE COACH
- "We had some great swims today," head coach James Graves said. "The team has put in great work so far and we saw the results today with a shave and taper. Everyone swam season-best times, and also some lifetime best swims and two team records. We had some injured swimmers that stepped up and showed tremendous fight as well. I am looking forward to two more days of racing."
- The Fall Frenzy Invitational continues on Saturday with the prelims in the morning, followed by the finals in the evening.