CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The King University men's swimming team finished up their final day of competition at the Bluegrass Mountain Conference Championships. The Tornado competed hard once again and the 400 yard freestyle relay team set a school.
KING RESULTS: 10th of 11
LOCATION: Mecklenburg Municipal Pool; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Juan Somoza started off the day for the Tornado with a 200 yard backstroke 13th place finish with his time of 1:55.71.
- In the 100 yard freestyle event, Cade Martin posted a time of 47.86, Aleksander Stosik a time of 47.88, and Tyler Brewster a time of 48.16 for the Tornado.
- Ethan DeRouis competed in the 100 yard freestyle as well and posted a time of 49.67 so too did Wayne Bilancione who posted a time of 52.57.
- Brewster, Somoza, Martin, and Stosik capped off the championships by setting a school record in the 400 yard freestyle relay.
QUOTE FROM THE COACH
- "A great day to end the meet and the competitive season," said head coach James Graves. "I'm so proud of how this team has come together this year and laid the foundation for future Tornado swim teams. I will always remember this first year of coaching and will miss these seniors. The future is bright for this team!"
- The Conference Carolinas Championships conclude the 2017-18 season for the King University men's swimming team.