BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's swimming team was in action for the first time in 2019 against Mars Hill and Emory & Henry. The Tornado came out on top against Emory & Henry but fell to Mars Hill.
KING RESULTS: King 130, Emory & Henry 52; Mars Hill 111, King 78
LOCATION: Tennessee High School; Bristol, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- To start the meet King took first In the 200-yard medley relay with the team of Simen Vik, Juan Somoza, Jabari Ramsey, and Maximillian Thomas touching the wall at 1:39.92.
- In the 200 yard freestyle, Thomas placed 2nd with a time of 1:53.36 and Ramsey finishing just behind him to take third with a time of 1:55.36.
- In the 50 yard freestyle Ethan DeRouis finished second with a time of 23:09 and Wayne Bilancione finishing not too far behind with a time of 24:62 to take fourth.
- Three swimmers placed in the top five in the 200 yards individual medley with Somoza touching the wall second at a time of 2:00.8. Michael Walker took fourth with a time of 2:17.97 and Josh Vandergrift placing 5th with a time of 2:19.97.
- In the 100 yard butterfly, Vik placed second with a time of 53.07 and DeRouis wasn't too far behind finishing third with a time 58.21.
- Thomas and Somoza finished back to back in the 100-yard backstroke with Thomas finishing third with a time of 57.06 and Somoza placing fourth with a time of 57.75.
- Vik touched the wall first for the Tornado in the 500-yard freestyle with a time 4:51.80.
- In the 100 yard, Breaststroke Ramsey took first with a time of 1:00.88.
- The team of DeRouis, Alex McRae, Walker, and Vandergrift took second in the 400-yard freestyle relay with a time of 3:39.18.
- The Tornado are in action again on Friday, January 25 against Carson-Newman at Tennessee High School.