BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's swimming continued to prepare for the conference championships with a tough meet against Carson-Newman University. The Tornado had some good swims, but fell to the Eagles 208-66.
FINAL SCORE: Carson-Newman 208, King 66
LOCATION: Tennessee High School; Bristol, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Juan Somoza, Jabari Ramsey, Simen Vik and Maximillian Thomas started the meet with a time of 1:40.45.
- Somoza and Alek McRae followed 200 yard freestyle times of 1:47.34 and 1:55.23, respectively.
- Thomas came in second in the 50 yard freestyle with a time of 22.03 seconds while Ethan DeRouis finished third at 22.86 seconds.
- In the 200 yard individual medley, Vik finished in 2:01.58 with Somoza not far behind at 2:04.78.
- DeRouis finished the 100 yard butterfly in 58.66 seconds while Wayne Bilancione came in at 1:02.91.
- In the 100 yard freestyle, Ramsey finished in 52.86 seconds and DeRouis finished in 57.51 seconds.
- Thomas finished the 100 yard backstroke in 54.95 seconds.
- Vik nearly came away with a win in the 500 yard freestyle, finishing runner-up with a time of 4:51.74. The winner finished in 4:51.55.
- McRae came in with a 500 yard freestyle time of 5:20.29.
- The trio of Ramsey, Michael Walker and Josh Vandergrift came with times of 1:02.64, 1:07.24 and 1:09.58, respectively.
- The 200 yard freestyle team of Bilancione, Walker, Vandergrift and McRae finished in 1:40.03 to finish the meet.
- The Tornado travel to Union College (Ky.) on February 2 before the Conference Carolinas Championships on February 6-9.