BARBOURVILLE, Ky. – In their final tune-up for the Conference Carolinas Swimming Championships, the King University men's swimming team fell at Union College (Ky.) 132-56 on Saturday afternoon.
FINAL SCORE: Union 132, King 56
LOCATION: Barbourville, Ky.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Maximillian Thomas, Jabari Ramsey, Simen Vik, and Ethan DeRouis finished in a time of 1:38.14 to start the meet.
- DeRouis finished in the 200 yard freestyle in a time of 1:59.91.
- In the 50 yard freestyle, Thomas finished runner-up with a time of 22.15 seconds.
- Wayne Bilancione followed with a time of 24.03 seconds and Michael Walker touched the wall in 25.33 seconds.
- Vik won the 200 yard individual medley with a time of 1:54.74 while Juan Somoza touched the wall in 1:58.43.
- Bilancione finished the 100 yard butterfly in 59.56 seconds.
- In the 100 yard freestyle, Thomas came in with a time of 48.99 seconds to finish runner-up.
- Somoza won the 100 yard backstroke with a time of 53.38 seconds.
- Vik came in with another victory in the 500 yard freestyle with a time of 4:47.97.
- In the 100 yard breaststroke, Walker touched the wall in 1:05.09.
- The 200 yard freestyle relay team of DeRouis, Ramsey, Somoza and Bilancione finished in 1:31.69.
"Today was a great tune-up for the conference meet, and we finally hit the times we should be swimming at this point in the season," head coach James Graves said. "Although we had a few swimmers missing and we didn't swim a full lineup, we raced hard and gained some much-needed confidence heading into the conference championships."
- King returns to the pool on Wednesday at the Conference Carolinas Swimming Championship at the Mecklenburg Municipal Pool in Charlotte, N.C.