SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The King University men's swimming team took on Emmanuel College in a relay meet on Saturday at Converse College. The Lions came away with the 214-128 win.
FINAL SCORE: Emmanuel 214, King 128
LOCATION: Montgomery Student Center Pool; Spartanburg, S.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 yard freestyle relay started the meet by nearly setting a school record.
- The group of Dale Bruce, Josiah Boyle and Haakon Meyer touched the wall in 2:46.92, only 0.6 away from the school record.
- The 300 yard backstroke relay team of Maximillian Thomas, Jan Kuljak and Radu Magdas touched the wall in 2:52.38.
- King won the 300 yard breaststroke relay as the team of Drew Snider, Jabari Ramsey and Bruce finished in 3:04.50.
- In the 800 yard freestyle relay, Wayne Bilancione, Efren Martinez, Boyle and Austin Bynum finished in 8:15.30.
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Meyer, Thomas, Snider and Bruce touched the wall in 1:28.99.
- Bruce, Meyer, Snider and Thomas finished the 400 yard medley relay finished in 3:46.31.
- Bruce nearly came away with a pair of school records, coming within 0.8 seconds of the 100 yard butterfly school record and 0.6 seconds of the 100 yard individual medley relay.
"Our Men's team fought hard today and put up some solid early season swims," head coach James Graves said. "The relay meet format is a great way to build team chemistry, and it was great to see everyone getting involved today. This was one step closer towards becoming a team, and I look forward to seeing this men's team continue to grow."
- King is in action again on October 26 at Mars Hill University. The meet is scheduled to start at 2:00 p.m.