MARS HILL, N.C. – The King University men's team went back-and-forth in a meet at Mars Hill University on Saturday. Ultimately, the Tornado came out on top, edging the Lions 121-120.
FINAL SCORE: King 121, Mars Hill 120
LOCATION: Mars Hill, N.C.
RECORDS: King 1-1; Mars Hill 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Maximillian Thomas, Jabari Ramsey, Dale Bruce and Haakon Meyer finished first with a time of 1:40.71.
- Ramsey touched the wall in 1:02.96 to win the 100 yard breaststroke.
- Thomas won the 50 yard freestyle with a time of 23.13 seconds.
- Bruce touched the wall in 53.83 seconds to win the 100 yard butterfly.
"This was a real back-and-forth and exciting meet that come down to the last couple events to determine a winner," head coach James Graves said. "We were able to score big points even though we only won four events, making this a great team victory and the first win over Mars Hill in program history. Although we didn't swim particularly well, we were able to pull out a win and continue to build on the momentum we have created so far this year."
- King returns to the pool on Friday at Emory & Henry College where they will take on the host Wasps and Milligan College at 5:00 p.m.
- Mars Hill takes on Converse College and Chowan University on Saturday.