EMORY, Va. – The King University men's swimming team came away with a pair of wins at Emory & Henry College on Friday night. The Tornado defeated the host Wasps 158-40 and topped Milligan College 119-83.
FINAL SCORE: King 119, Milligan 83; King 158, Emory & Henry 40
LOCATION: Emory & Henry Aquatics Center; Emory, Va.
RECORD: King 3-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 meter relay team of Maximillian Thomas, Jabari Ramsey, Dale Bruce and Ethan DeRouis narrowly finished second with a time of 1:52.74.
- Jan Kuljak won the 800 meter freestyle with a time of 9:05.51, winning the event by 15 seconds.
- In the 200 meter freestyle, Thomas finished runner with a time of 2:05.27 while Josiah Boyle came in third at 2:08.61.
- Haakon Meyer finished second in the 50 meter freestyle with a time of 25.58 seconds.
- Bruce won the 200 meter individual medley, touching the wall in 2:18.52.
- In the 100 meter butterfly, Bruce came up with another win, finishing in 1:01.71.
- Meyer won the 100 yard freestyle when he touched the wall in 56.25 seconds.
- Thomas came up with a win in the 100 meter backstroke with a time of 1:01.27 while Radu Magdas finished third at 1:09.21.
- In the 400 meter freestyle, Kuljak finished first by 17 seconds with a time of 4:23.31.
- King took the top two spots in the 100 meter breaststroke as Ramsey finished first at 1:09.20 and Drew Snider finished second at 1:09.84.
- The 200 meter relay team of Meyer, Snider, Boyle and Kuljak finished first with a time of 1:42.35.
"The meet atmosphere was fantastic tonight with three local teams squaring off in a tightly contested meet," head coach James Graves said. "Milligan took it to us at the beginning of the meet, winning the first three events on the women's side and two on the guys side. We responded with some great swims, showing some great determination and versatility. I had a great time coaching and watching this team swim tonight, and we took one more step towards becoming the team I know we can be."
- King returns to the poo again on November 22-24 at the Fall Frenzy Invitational at the Mecklenburg Municipal Pool in Charlotte, N.C.