BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's swimming team took on the University of the Cumberlands in a relay meet on Saturday in Bristol, Tennessee. The Patriots came away with the 177-66 win.
FINAL SCORE: University of the Cumberlands 177, King 66
LOCATION: Tennessee High School; Bristol, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Maximillian Thomas, Jabari Ramsey, Dale Bruce, and Haakon Meyer finished second with a time of 1:39.88.
- In the 200 yard freestyle, Jan Kuljak finished second with a time of 1:48.55.
- Thomas finished second in the 100 yard backstroke with a time of 55.63.
- King placed second, third, and fourth in the 100 yard breaststroke.
- Ramsey finished second with a time of 1:00.64, Efren Martinez finished third with a time of 1:04.51, and Michael Walker finished fourth with a time of 1:05.70.
- In the 200 yard butterfly, Bruce finished second with a time of 2:02.05.
- In the 100 yard freestyle, Kuljak finished second and touched the wall in 50.12.
- Ramsey finished second in the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 55.55.
- In the 200 yard IM, Bruce finished second with a time of 2:04.24.
- The 200 yard freestyle relay team of Kuljak, Josiah Boyle, Ethan DeRouis, and Wayne Bilancione touched the wall in 1:34.48.
"We swam decent today and fought hard, and I was encouraged by how the team responded to adversity," head coach James Graves said. "Our leadership was very strong today, and it makes my job easier having our seniors around to mentor our young team. It is always tough to lose, but University of the Cumberlands swam well and won a lot of the close races. Hopefully we take this into our training as we look forward to a tightly contested tri-meet next weekend against Lees-McRae and Mars Hill on senior night."
- King is in action again on Friday, hosting Mars Hill University and Lees-McRae College. The meet is scheduled to start at 6:00 p.m.