CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The King University men's swimming team started slow, but finished strong, setting four school records on the second day of the Conference Carolinas Championships. The Tornado are still in third place going into Saturday's competition.
KING RESULTS: 3rd of 6
LOCATION: Mecklenburg Municipal Pool; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jan Kuljak set another school record, touching the wall in the 200 yard freestyle in 1:41.24 to take fourth.
- Dale Bruce set the 100 yard butterfly school record with a time of 50.58 seconds to take fourth.
- The 200 yard freestyle relay team of Bruce, Maximillian Thomas, Ethan DeRouis and Haakon Meyer finished fifth with a school record time of 1:27.02.
- The 200 yard medley relay also set a school record as the quartet of Thomas, Jabari Ramsey, Bruce and Kuljak finished fourth with a time of 3:28.16.
- Austin Bynum and Radu Magdas both set personal records in the 400 yard individual medley with times of 4:58.04 and 4:16.03, respectively.
- Magdas finished seventh in the event.
- Meyer finished 14th in the finals of the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 54.05 seconds.
- Drew Snider came in ninth in the 400 yard individual medley with at time of 4:21.43.
- Ramsey came in 10th in the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 52.70 seconds.
"Some more great racing today from the Tornado with six more team records," head coach James Graves said. "We came out a little flat in a few events today, but rallied behind some great swims in finals. It has been a lot of fun to come together and support each other and we are looking forward to having two more intense days of racing as we have our eyes set on continuing to set more lifetime best times."
- The championships continue through Sunday with the prelims at 10:00 a.m. and the finals at 7:00 p.m.