CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Dale Bruce wins a Conference Carolinas title to lead the King University men's swimming team on day three of the Conference Carolinas Championships. The Tornado are still in third place going into the final day of competition.
KING RESULTS: 3rd of 6
LOCATION: Mecklenburg Municipal Pool; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bruce won the conference title in the 200 yard butterfly with a time of 1:53.03.
- He is the third Conference Carolinas champion in school history.
- Jan Kuljak set another school record on Saturday, touch in the wall in 4:36.24 to finish fourth in the 500 yard freestyle.
- Josiah Boyle set a personal record in the 500 yard freestyle with a time of 4:36.24.
- Three personal bests fell in the 100 yard breaststroke, starting with a third place finish from Drew Snider in 57.57 seconds.
- Efren Martinez finished seventh in 59.42 seconds and Michael Walker came in 12th at 1:00.98.
- In the 200 yard butterfly, Radu Magdas set a personal record with a time of 2:03.80 to take eighth in the prelims.
- Maximillian Thomas finished third in the 100 yard backstroke with a time of 52.81 seconds while Haakon Meyer came in seventh with a time of 54.49 seconds.
- Jabari Ramsey finished second in the 100 yard breaststroke, touching the wall in 56.32 seconds.
"Day three had some great swims, with our first conference champion in Dale Bruce," head coach James Graves said. "Lifetime best swims and two more team records, along with some great support of each other made this day special for King swimming. The team race on the women's side is very close heading into day four, so we will need to bring our A game on Sunday to hold our position. One more day to go finish a great season, and I couldn't be happier with our effort. Go Tornado!"
- The championships conclude on Sunday with the prelims at 10:00 a.m. and the finals at 7:00 p.m.