BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team defeated Erskine College in their Conference Carolinas home opener. The Tornado took down the Flying Fleet with a final score of 8-1 in the match.
FINAL SCORE: King 8, Erskine 1
LOCATION: King Tennis Court. Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 4-4, 2-0 CC, Erskine 1-8, 1-4 CC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Moritz Poswiat and Luis Delgado posted an 8-3 victory at No. 1 doubles over Alan Pearce and Fabricio Lanza.
- At No. 3 doubles Kyle Logue and Lenny Keswani posted an 8-6 victory over the Flying Fleets Andres Argenal and Mateo Laredo.
- Poswiat sailed to a 6-2, 6-4 victory over Erskine's Ritwik Bhriguvanshi at No. 1 singles.
- Keswani posted a come from behind victory at No. 2 singles after falling 6-2 in set one he would bounce back to take set two 6-4 and posted a 10-5 win in a tie break set over Lanza.
- At No. 3 singles Delgado tallied a victory after taking set one 6-2 and would grab a win in set two after Argenal would retire from play.
- Jannis Walter earned King a win at No. 4 singles after posting a 7-6 (7-4), 6-2 victory over Pearce.
- Earning a victory for the Tornado at No. 5 singles was Philipp Lindauer over Erskine's Andre 6-3, 6-4.
- At No. 6 singles Logue would cruise to a 6-0, 6-0 victory over Laredo.
- The Tornado host Southern Indiana University next Saturday at 11:00 a.m.
- The Flying Fleet travel next to Southern Wesleyan University on March 9th.