BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team returned home and earned a hard fought 5-4 victory over Limestone College. Jannis Walter gave King the tight 5-4 win with his victory at No. 5 singles.
FINAL SCORE: King 5, Limestone 4
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 8-5, 3-0 Conference Carolinas; Limestone 4-4, 3-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King jumped out to a 2-1 lead with a pair of wins in doubles. Moritz Poswiat and Luis Delgado took an 8-4 lead over Stefano Soares and Benji Lascari Diaz.
- At No. 3 doubles, Lenny Keswani and Kyle Logue defeated Giacomo Campus and Luke Stanec 8-4.
- In singles play, Delgado took a straight sets 6-2, 6-2 win over Stanec at the third flight.
- Poswiat earned a 7-6 (7-4), 6-0 win over Soares at the top flight, giving King a chance to take the match.
- Freshman Walter gave King that victory, defeating Lascari Diaz at No. 5 singles. Walter took the first set 6-4 before Lascari Diaz took the second set 7-6 (7-4). However, Walter prevailed 6-4, giving the Tornado the 5-4 win.
- The Tornado are in action again on Saturday when they travel to North Greenville University.
- Limestone travels to take on Lander on Wednesday.