BRISTOL, Tenn. – The Bulldogs of Barton College slipped past the King University men's tennis team in a tight Conference Carolinas match up. After the Bulldogs edged the Tornado in final two doubles matches in tiebreak fashion the Tornado were unable to comeback from the deficit falling 5-4.
FINAL SCORE: Barton 5, King 4
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 9-8, 4-2 Conference Carolinas; Barton 9-3, 6-0 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Luis Delgado and Moritz Poswiat took a victory at No. 1 doubles for King 8-5.
- The No. 2 and No. 3 doubles matches each went into a tiebreaker where the Tornado were topped in both as King went into singles play with a 1-2 disadvantage.
- At No. 1 singles, Poswiat tallied another win for the Tornado in a three set battle after falling in set one 1-6 and coming back to take set two 7-6 (7-4) and the final set 6-3 over Barton's McCartney.
- Lenny Keswani followed up at No. 2 singles with another King come from behind effort after dropping set one 3-6 then taking the final sets 6-3, 6-2.
- Delgado sailed to a 6-3, 6-1 victory over Genest at No. 3 singles.
- The three straight wins in singles would not be enough for the Tornado as they fell 5-4 in the match.
- King returns to action on Tuesday in a non-conference match against the University North Georgia, scheduled for 11:00 a.m. at the King Tennis Courts.
- Friday the Bulldogs host Southern Wesleyan University.