BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team came away with a sweep of Conference Carolinas rival Lees-McRae College on Senior Day Saturday afternoon. The Tornado took all three doubles matches to gain the momentum and take the dual 9-0.
FINAL SCORE: King 9, Lees-McRae 0
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 6-9, 4-5 Conference Carolinas; Lees-McRae 1-13, 0-7 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Alejandro Feliciano and Kyle Logue gave King the lead with an 8-0 win over Sebastian Zuhr and Cole Douglas-Fields at No. 2 doubles.
- At the third flight, Arturo Alfaro and Lenny Keswani defeated Thomas Deeley and Brandon Caldwell 8-4 before King made it 3-0 with a win at No. 1 doubles.
- The tandem of Moritz Poswiat and Lennard Neumann topped Gabriel Muniz and Garrett Lackey 8-6.
- In singles play, Poswiat defeated Muniz 6-1, 6-2 at the top flight while Neumann tpped Zuhr 6-3, 6-1 at No. 3 singles.
- Alfaro clinched the dual for the Tornado with a 2-6, 6-0, 6-0 win over Douglas-Fields at No. 5 singles.
- Feliciano took an 8-0 win over Grant Miller at No. 4 singles and Charles Jabaley defeated Deeley 8-4 at No. 6 singles.
- Keswani made it a 9-0 Tornado factory with an 8-3 win over Lake at No. 2 singles.
- King hosts Pfeiffer University on Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. at the King Tennis Courts.
- Lees-McRae hosts Limestone College on Sunday afternoon.