CHATTNOOGA, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team took on the University of Montevallo in Chattanooga on Thursday afternoon. The Tornado tried to comeback in singles play, but the Falcons held on for the 6-3 win.
FINAL SCORE: Montevallo 6, King 3
LOCATION: Champions Tennis Club; Chattanooga, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-2; Montevallo 1-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado duo of Lennard Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano got King on the board with an 8-3 win over Sergi Martinez and Daniel Del Val at No. 1 doubles.
- However, the Falcons took the other two doubles match, including a tight 7-6 (8-6) victory at the second flight.
- Five of the six singles matches went three sets with King coming away with wins at No. 3 and No. 4 singles.
- Neumann dropped the first set to Martinez at the third flight, but came back with a 6-4 win in the second set before taking the final set 1-0 (8-6).
- Arturo Alfaro earned a comeback win at the fourth flight, dropping the first set to Jan Fraederich 6-1. He came back with a 6-2 win before taking the match 1-0 (7-3) in the final set.
- The top two flights and the sixth flight all ended within two points, but the Flacons took all three, along with the fifth flight, winning the match 6-3.
- The dual ends the fall season for the Tornado. They open play in the spring with an exhibition at Wofford College on January 28 at 2:00 p.m.
- Montevallo takes on Tuskegee University on February 2.