BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team opened Conference Carolinas play with a home dual against Limestone College. The match was tight the entire way as the Tornado came back in singles. However, the comeback fell short as the Saints took the contest 5-4.
FINAL SCORE: Limestone 5, King 4
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-6, 0-1 Conference Carolinas; Limestone 3-3, 1-0 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King grabbed the 1-0 lead when Lenny Keswani and Arturo Alfaro topped Luka Stanec and Domantas Sadauskas 8-1 at No. 2 doubles.
- After the Saints evened the score with an 8-2 win at the third flight, Limestone narrowly took the lead going in to singles play with a win at No. 1 doubles.
- The tandem of Sacha Terrizzano and Federico Garnier earned a tight 8-7 (7-4) victory over Alejandro Feliciano and Lennard Neumann.
- King came back with wins at the top three flights in singles play.
- Keswani earned a 6-1, 6-2 win over Garnier at the top flight and Neumann followed with a 6-1, 6-4 win over Emilia Samhan at the second flight.
- At No. 3 singles, Feliciano defeated Sadauskas 6-2, 6-2, giving King four wins in the dual.
- However, the Saints countered with wins at the bottom two flights to even the score.
- Limestone took the match with a tight 6-2, 7-5 victory at the fourth flight.
- King hosts Erskine College on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.
- Limestone travels to Anderson University on Thursday afternoon.