BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team played a solid match on Tuesday as they hosted the University of Delaware. King took the No. 1 doubles match and Lenny Keswani won his No. 1 singles match, but the Tornado ultimately fell to the Blue Hens 6-1.
FINAL SCORE: Delaware 6, King 1
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 3-10; Delaware 11-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lennard Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano took a 6-3 victory over Blaise Casselbury and Colin Wong at No. 1 doubles to get the Tornado on the board.
- However, the Blue Hens won the final two doubles matches 6-2 and 7-5 to take the doubles point.
- In singles play, Keswani took his top flight match 6-4, 6-4 over Curran Verma.
- Feliciano played well, but fell to Wong 7-6 (7-5), 6-2 at the third flight.
- Delaware then won the final four matches to take the dual 6-1.
- The Tornado are scheduled to host UVa-Wise on Monday at 3:00 p.m.
- Delaware travels to North Carolina Central University on Saturday.