BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team jumped ahead of Barton College early on Saturday afternoon, taking all three doubles matches. The Tornado then won the first two singles matches to clinch the 5-4 dual victory.
FINAL SCORE: King 5, Barton 4
LOCATION: Bristol Racquet Club; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 4-10, 3-4 Conference Carolinas; Barton 3-11, 1-5 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado took all three doubles matches by the score of 8-3, starting with a victory from Lennard Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano at the top flight.
- Sebastian Lieflaender and Arturo Alfaro followed with a win at No. 2 doubles and Charles Jabaley and Lenny Keswani made it a clean sweep with the victory at the third flight.
- In singles play, Keswani took a 6-1, 6-1 victory from Rory Gaydon at the top flight before Neumann clinched the dual for the Tornado.
- At No. 2 singles, Neumann defeated Oscar Marmestedt 6-2, 6-3, giving the Tornado their fifth win of the match.
- The Bulldogs took the other singles matches, but the dual went to King, 5-4.
- King hosts Chowan University on campus on Sunday at 1:00 p.m.
- Barton takes on Lees-McRae College on Sunday.