BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team had their comeback fall short against Chowan University on Sunday afternoon. The Tornado were behind after doubles and came back to get within one in the dual score, but the Hawks won the next two matches to clinch the 5-4 victory.
FINAL SCORE: Chowan 5, King 4
LOCATOIN: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 4-11, 3-5 Conference Carolinas; Chowan 10-7, 6-2 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lenny Keswani and Charles Jabaley got the Tornado on the board with an 8-6 win at No. 3 doubles over Adi Kaliakperov and Louis Proulx.
- In singles play, Alejandro Felciano came away with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Mateusz Izycki at the third flight.
- Lennard Neumann pulled King back within 4-3 in the dual with a three set victory over Kaliakperov at No. 2 singles.
- After dropping the first set 7-5, Neumann came back to win the second set 6-0 and the third set 6-4 for the victory.
- However, Chowan won the No. 4 and No. 5 singles matches to clinch the dual.
- Arturo Alfaro came back after dropping the first set 6-0 to Marian Yeh at No. 6 singles to win the next set 6-0. Alfaro then won the final set 10-4, making the final score of the dual 5-4 in favor of Chowan.
- The Tornado host Lincoln Memorial University on Wednesday at 2:00 p.m.
- Chowan hosts Southern Wesleyan University on Friday.