BRISTOL, Tenn. – In what was a tight Conference Carolinas dual, the King University men's tennis team came away with a narrow 5-4 win over Emmanuel College. The Tornado took two of the doubles matches and Alejandro Feliciano came up with a three set win in singles place to clinch the Tornado victory.
FINAL SCORE: King 5, Emmanuel 4
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 6-12, 5-5 Conference Carolinas; Emmanuel 8-15, 4-6 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- At No. 1 doubles, Feliciano and Lennard Neumann came away with an 8-2 win over Tom Jarry and Noah Johansen to get the Tornado on the board.
- At the third flight, Lenny Keswani and Charles Jabaley went to a tiebreaker with Lucas Pereira and Jorge Canadas. The Tornado duo came away with the 8-7 (7-4) victory, giving King the lead going to singles play.
- Neumann earned a 6-0, 6-3 win over Juan Carolos Romero at the second flight before Keswani earned a come-from-behind win at the top flight.
- After dropping the first set 6-4, Keswani defeated Jarry 6-0, 6-2 in the final two sets for the victory.
- Feliciano also dropped his first set, falling 6-3 to Pereira at No. 3 singles. He won the second set 6-3 before the third set went to a tiebreaker. Feliciano pulled away to take the tiebreaker 7-1, winning the set 7-6.
- That win clinched the 5-4 victory for the Tornado.
- King travels to Bluefield State College on Tuesday. The dual is scheduled to start at 3:00 p.m.
- Emmanuel hosts Johnson C. Smith University on Sunday.