BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team jumped ahead of Tusculum University by taking the doubles point in their first dual of the season. However, the Pioneers came back in singles play to take the dual 5-2.
FINAL SCORE: Tusculum 5, King 2
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 0-1; Tusculum 1-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lennard Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano came away with a 6-0 win over Lohith Bathrinath and Gabriel Yaguar at the top flight for the Tornado.
- At No. 3 doubles, Sebastian Lieflaender and Charles Jabaley won the battle with Marco Meon and Jacco Mensinga 6-4, giving King the doubles point.
- However, the Pioneers wone the first three singles points to take a lead before Arturo Alfaro earned a 6-3, 1-6, 6-4 win over Yago Fernandez at the third flight.
- Nevertheless, Tusculum won the final two singles matches to win the dual 5-2.
- King will be in action on September 27-30 at the ITA Southeast Regional. The next dual for King is on October 5 when they host Mars Hill University.
- Tusculum hosts UVa-Wise on Sunday.