BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team jumped ahead of Mars Hill University by sweeping the doubles play for the point. The Tornado kept the momentum going by taking four of the six singles matches to take the win 5-2.
FINAL SCORE: King 5, Mars Hill 2
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-1; Mars Hill 3-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The combination of Lennard Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano defeated Ben Reid and Rodrigo Ramos 6-2 at No. 1 doubles
- Arturo Alfaro and Nathan Snow followed by defeating Fernando Neto and Kyrel Trim 6-1 at No. 2 Doubles
- Sebastian Lieflaender and Charles Jabaley edge the pair of Pedro Pinassi and Tom Farman 6-1 to close up doubles play for King and take the point.
- In singles play, Jorge Rojas led the Tornado by beating Tom Farman 6-3, 6-2.
- Feliciano wasn't far behind by edging Ramos 6-2, 7-5
- The Tornado took four of the six singles matches to defeat Mars Hill 5-2
- King will be in action again on Wednesday, October 10th against Montreat College at 2:30.
- Mars Hill travels to Milligan College on Tuesday