BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team played their first home match of the spring, and earned a come-from-behind 4-3 win over Bluefield College. Charles Jabaley completed the comeback for the Tornado as he came back to earn a three-set victory at No. 5 singles.
FINAL SCORE: King 4, Bluefield 3
LOCATION: Bristol Racquet & Fitness Club; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 2-3, Bluefield 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lennard Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano started with a 7-6 (7-3) win over Fedor Kulakov and Rodrigo Huarachi at No. 1 doubles.
- However, the Rams took the doubles point by winning the other two doubles matches 6-3.
- In singles play, Arturo Alfaro earned a 6-2, 6-0 win over Huarachi at the third flight before Feliciano earned a 6-3, 6-4 win over Satoshi Yamada at the second flight.
- Neumann brought King within a win of the match when he defeated Michael Gutu 7-6 (7-2), 7-5.
- At No. 5 singles, Jabaley dropped the first set to Yaroslav Hnatusko 6-3. However, Jabaley came back to win the final two sets 6-1, 6-1, giving the Tornado the 4-3 victory.
- King hosts North Carolina A&T on February 24 at 2:00 p.m.
- Bluefield travels to the University of Charleston on February 24.