BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team played well on Monday afternoon as they took a nonconference dual from Milligan College. The Tornado swept the Buffaloes 7-0.
FINAL SCORE: King 7, Milligan 0
LOCATION: Ida Stone Jones Community Tennis Center; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 4-5; Milligan 6-7
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Arturo Alfaro and Jorge Rojas started the day with a 6-3 win over Charlie Moseley and Griffin Leonard at No. 2 doubles before Lennard Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano topped Mason Grear and Taylor Graalman 6-4 at the top flight.
- At No. 3 doubles, Charles Jabaley and Nathan Snow survived with a 7-6 (7-2) win over Joe Lyttle and Boone Allison as King took the doubles point.
- In singles play, Neumann got King going with a 6-0, 6-2 win over Grear at the top flight.
- Feliciano followed with a 6-4, 6-0 win over Graalman at No. 2 singles and Alfaro came back to win in three sets at the third flight.
- Alfaro dropped the first set 6-3 to Moseley, but came back to win the final two sets 6-1 and 10-6.
- Rojas came away with a 6-0, 6-1 win over Leonard at No. 4 singles, clinching the win for the Tornado.
- Jabaley defeated Lyttle 8-0 at No. 5 singles and Snow capped the sweep with an 8-5 win over Thomas Hurt at the sixth flight.
- King takes to the road to face Emmanuel College on Friday. The Conference Carolinas dual is scheduled to start at 2:00 p.m.
- Milligan travels to Union College (Ky.) on Wednesday.