BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team dropped a Conference Carolinas dual on Friday afternoon to the University of Mount Olive. Mount Olive won all three doubles matches to take the doubles point before taking the dual 7-0 with six wins in singles play.
FINAL SCORE: Mount Olive 7, King 0
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 5-7, 1-2 Conference Carolinas; Mount Olive 6-5, 3-0 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado tandem of Charles Jabaley and Sebastian Lieflaender nearly came away with a win, but dropped a 7-5 match to Jack Middleton and Victor Nunez at No. 3 doubles.
- Mount Olive took the top two flights 6-0 and 6-2, taking the doubles point.
- At No. 4 singles, Jabaley fell to Middleton 6-2, 7-5.
- Alejandro Feliciano dropped a 6-4, 6-2 match to Armando Ferreira at No. 1 singles.
- The Trojans then won the final four matches to take the dual 7-0.
- King hosts Belmont Abbey College on Saturday at 2:30 p.m.
- Mount Olive travels to Lees-McRae College on Saturday.