BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team hosted Southern Wesleyan University as they took every match headed by Arturo Alfaro at No. 3 singles clinching the victory for the Tornado in straight sets.
FINAL SCORE: King 7, Southern Wesleyan 0
LOCATION: Bristol Racquet and Fitness Club; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 6-8, 2-3 Conference Carolinas; Southern Wesleyan 3-11, 0-6 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado started strong in doubles play as Lenny Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano took the match 6-3 at No. 1 doubles.
- Charles Jabaley and Sebastian Lieflaender followed with a dominating 6-1 victory and at No. 3 doubles the Tornado accepted a forfeit to start off the match 3-0.
- In singles play, Neumann started it off at No. 1 singles with a 6-1, 7-5 victory over Peter Kovats.
- Feliciano then followed with an 8-3 victory at No. 2 singles.
- Arturo Alfaro capped off the victory for the Tornado with a 6-1, 6-2 win against Leonard Sanders to take the match 7-0
- King hosts North Greenville University at 1:00 p.m. on Friday for their senior day event.
- Southern Wesleyan travels to Lees-McRae tomorrow.