MURFREESBORO, N.C. – The King University tennis team earned a tough road victory on Monday afternoon at Chowan University. The Tornado took the doubles point with a comeback win before taking three wins in singles for the 4-3 victory.
FINAL SCORE: King 4, Chowan 3
LOCATION: Rose Family Tennis Complex; Murfreesboro, N.C.
RECORDS: King 9-9, 5-4 Conference Carolinas; Chowan 6-12, 4-5 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- At No. 1 doubles, Lennard Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano trailed Edmond Aynedjian and Mariano Yeh 5-4.
- However, the Tornado tandem came back to take the match 7-6 (7-3). That win coupled with a win by default at the third flight gave King the doubles point.
- The Tornado earned another win by default in singles before Feliciano came up with a three set win at the second flight.
- He took the first set from Adi Kaliakperov 6-3, but fell 6-2 in the second set. Feliciano came back to win the third set 6-3, putting King on the verge of victory.
- At No. 5 singles, Charles Jabaley earned a 7-5, 6-3 win, giving King the 4-3 dual victory.
- King closes the season on Wednesday when they travel to UVa-Wise. The dual is scheduled to start at 4:00 p.m.
- Chowan travels to Shaw University on Tuesday.