BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team took the doubles point from Young Harris College on Wednesday afternoon at the King Tennis Courts. However, the Mountain Lions came back to win the match 4-3 behind four singles wins.
FINAL SCORE: Young Harris 4, King 3
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 0-2; Young Harris 4-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bennet Schulz and Sebastian Lieflaender won their No. 2 doubles match over Herman Ronnberg and Ruben Gonzalez 6-4.
- King took the doubles point with a 6-3 win from Robby Mayher and Jorge Rojas over Andres Padilla and Carolos Padilla at the third flight.
- Alex Sodre came from behind to defeat Kash Reddiyar 4-6, 6-0, 10-6 at No. 1 singles.
- Ross Edgar also took a comeback win, 4-6, 6-0, 10-6 over Alex Schiltz at No. 4 singles.
- However, the Mountain Lions won the other four singles matches to take the dual 4-3.
- The Tornado are in action again on October 23 at Mars Hill University. The dual in Mars Hill, N.C. is scheduled to start at 3:00 p.m.
- Young Harris returns to the court in February.