JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – The King University men's track & field team was in action for the first time in the 2019 season as they traveled to ETSU for the ETSU Track & Field Invitational. There were two school records set and two personal records set as well for the Tornado.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- On day one of the Invitational, Braidon Miller set the school record in the weight throw on each throw at the meet his mark of 16.26 meters gave him a second place finish.
- Miller also broke the school record in the shot put on day 2 with a throw of 14.35 meters giving him third place in the event.
- On day one Adriel McPhee qualified for the finals in the 60-meter hurdles prelims with a time of 8.25 giving him fifth.
- On day two McPhee placed fifth in the finals for the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.51.
- Daniel Kovalchick had a personal record time of 2:04 in the 800-meter indoor event.
- TJ McMurray set a personal record in the shot put at 13.26 meters giving him seventh place.
- The Tornado are back in action on Friday, January 18 at Colombia S.C at the University of South Carolina.