Jan 19, 2019
COLUMBIA, S.C. – The King University men's track & field team had another big weekend at the inaugural Gamecock Meet at the University of South Carolina. Another school record fell along with many other great performances.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Blaine Metcalf broke the school record in the 800 meters with a time of 2:01.87.
- Throwing in the weight throw elite group, Braidon Miller finished eighth in a heavily NCAA Division I field with a mark of 15.80 meters.
- In the 60 meter hurdles elite group, Adriel McPhee posted a time of 8.56 seconds to finish seventh.
- DeEric King had a solid race in the 400 meter dash, finishing in 51.88 seconds.
- Jaylen Foster had a good day on Friday, finishing fifth in the high jump as he cleared 1.83 meters
- He also finished eighth in the triple jump with a leap of 13.04 meters.
- King will be in action again on Friday and Saturday at the Liberty Kickoff.