WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The King University men's track & field team finished fifth at the Conference Carolinas Indoor Track & Field Championships. Braidon Miller led the way for the Tornado, earning all-conference honors in the weight throw and shot put.
KING RESULTS: 5th of 9
LOCATION: JDL FastTrack; Winston-Salem, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Miller posted a weight throw mark of 16.00 meters to finish second.
- He then finished third in the shot put with a mark of 14.83 meters
- TJ McMurray finished seventh in each the weight throw and shot put with marks of 13.96 meters and 13.53 meters, respectively.
- John Jablonski finished eighth in the weight throw with a mark of 13.90 meters.
- Jaylen Foster finished fourth in the high jump, clearing 1.90 meters.
- He then took seventh in the triple jump with a leap of 13.52 meters.
- Adriel McPhee finished fourth in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 8.59 seconds. He qualified for the finals with a prelim time of 8.56 seconds.
- In the 800 meters, Blaine Metcalf set a personal record with a seventh-place time of 2:01.58.
- He also finished seventh in the 3000 meters, crossing the tape in 9:27.15.
- Daniel Kovalchick finished eighth in the mile with a time of 4:31.46.
FOR THE FOES
- The University of Mount Olive won the conference championship with a score of 221.5 while Limestone College finished second with 95 points.
- King opens the outdoor season on March 8-9 at Coastal Carolina University in Conway, S.C.