Mar 16, 2019
HICKORY, N.C. – The King University women's track & field team was led by the throwers at the Lenoir-Rhyne Southside Power & Fitness Invitational. TJ McMurray and John Jablonski each set a personal record on the day.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- McMurray posted a mark of 41.42 in the discus, giving him a fifth place finish and a new personal best.
- He also finished fourth in the hammer throw with a mark of 44.17 meters and ninth in the shot put with a mark of 13.06 meters.
- Jablonski finished third in the hammer throw with a personal best toss of 44.27 meters.
- He also posted a discus mark of 37.71 meters to finish ninth. Jablonski also recorded a shot put of 12.18 meters.
- In the 800 meter dash, Blaine Metcalf finished in 2:02.54, taking 13th.
- Daniel Kovalchick finished seventh in the 5000 meter run with a time of 16:34.86.
- King is in action again on Friday and Saturday at the High Point VertKlasse Meeting in High Point, N.C.