HIGH POINT, N.C. – The King University men's track & field team posted two more personal records over the weekend at the High Point VertKlasse Meeting. Daniel Kovalchick and Kyle Hart led the way for the Tornado, both setting personal bests.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kovalchick finished the 5000 meter run in 16:15.83 to set a new personal record.
- In the 1500 meters, Hart set a new personal best with a time of 4:20.56.
- Jaylen Foster finished third in the triple jump with a leap of 13.84 meters.
- In the 400 meter hurdles, Deshaun Stevens finished four in 57.60 seconds while Brandon Bejerano took seventh in 58.54 seconds.
- John Jablonski had a big weekend in the throws, starting with a discus mark of 36.48 meters.
- He then posted a javelin mark of 32.40 meters and hammer throw of 46.02 meters.
- Jablonski finished with a shot put of 12.17 meters.
- TJ McMurray also had a good weekend, posting a discus mark of 38.95 meters and a shot put of 12.67 meters.
- He also recorded a hammer throw of 44.95 meters.
- King is in action again on Saturday when they travel to the Wofford Relays.