SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The King University men's track & field team posted two more personal records over the weekend at the Wofford Relays. Brandon Bejarano and Blaine Metcalf led the way for the Tornado, both setting personal bests.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bejarano finished the 800 meter run in 1:58 to set a new personal record.
- In the 5000 meters, Metcalf set a new personal best time 16.31.65 and finished in 13th.
- Justin Stewart had a good showing on the weekend with his best mark coming in the 1500 meter race with a time of 4:22.50
- TJ McMurray performed well in the shot put reaching a mark of 12.79 meters
- The Tornado also performed in the Montreat Invitational where Daniel Kovalchick set a personal record in the 10k event with a time of 34:53.34 and placing ninth, beating his precious time of 35:36.36.
- King is in action again on Friday, April 12 as they travel to Cullowhee, N.C. for the Beynon Sports Catamount Classic.