Posted: Apr 27, 2019
CENTRAL, S.C. – The King University men's track & field team finished seventh at the Conference Carolinas Outdoor Track & Field Championships.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 800 meters, Blaine Metcalf set a personal record with a time of 2:00.97 in the prelims.
- Metcalf then set a pair of personal records on Saturday in the 5000 meter run and 3000 meter steeplechase.
- He finished fourth in the 3000 meter steeplechase with a time of 10:03.81, and covered the 5000 meter distance in 16:25.33.
- Deshaun Stevens finished seventh in the long jump with a personal record leap of 6.63 meters.
- Also in the long jump, Jaylen Foster finished eighth with a mark of 6.55 meters.
- Foster set a personal record in the javelin as he finished sixth with a toss of 46.23 meters.
- John Jablonski finished fourth in the hammer throw with a personal record throw of 46.89 meters.
- TJ McMurray finished sixth in the hammer throw with a personal record toss of 45.42 meters.
- On Saturday, McMurray finished fifth with a shot put of 13.47 meters and Jablonski finished eighth at 12.86 meters.
- McMurray finished the meet by finishing fifth in the discus with a mark of 40.29 meters.
- Adriel McPhee qualified for the finals in the 110 meter hurdles with a prelims time of 16.23 seconds.