BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's volleyball team opened Conference Carolinas play against Lees-McRae Wednesday night at home. The Tornado dominated from start to finish and recorded a 3-0 victory over the visiting Bobcats.
FINAL SCORE: King 3, Lees-McRae 0 (25-14, 25-9, 25-14)
LOCATION: Student Center Complex; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 3-2, 1-0 Conference Carolinas; Lees-McRae 1-4, 0-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first set was close early on, however, a Tornado 6-1 midway through the set gave King a 15-7 lead. Sean Kohlhase capped off the run with a kill from Nick Drooker.
- The Tornado rattled off three straight kills towards the end of the set to give them a 23-13 lead over the Bobcats.
- King would eventually finish off Lees-McRae and take the set 25-14. Bell led the Tornado in the set with four kills.
- The Tornado came out firing on all cylinders in the second set and jumped out to a 10-3 lead over the Bobcats.
- The domination would continue throughout the set and a Jeff Sprayberry kill followed by a Kiel Bell service ace would cap off the second set 25-9 in King's favor.
- Early errors by Lees-McRae put the Tornado on top 11-6 early in the third set.
- A kill by Dalton Johnson gave King a 14-8 lead midway through the set. Adam Krzos got into the action with a kill later in the set to give the Tornado a 20-10 over the visitors.
- Julian Young would cap off the set with a kill at the end of the third set to give King a 25-14 set victory. The kill also capped off the match and gave King a 3-0 victory over Lees-McRae.
- Bell led the way for the Tornado with nine kills and six digs.
- Sprayberry recorded eight kills and Kohlhase chipped in four kills.
- Drooker chalked up 22 assists.
FOR THE FOES
- Spencer Graf, Robert Bowling, and Wes Rogman all recorded six kills for the Bobcats.
- Ethan Gardner chipped in four kills for Lees-McRae.
- King travels to Belmont Abbey College Saturday for a Conference Carolinas matchup at 7:00 pm.
- Lees-McRae heads to North Greenville University Saturday afternoon.