DUE WEST, S.C. – The King University men's volleyball traveled to Erskine College Friday night for a Conference Carolinas matchup. The Tornado defense was stellar as they held the Flying Fleet to hit -.030 in the contest. King swept Erskine 3-0 for their 12th sweep of the season.
FINAL SCORE: King 3, Erskine 0 (25-17, 25-17, 25-18)
LOCATION: Belk Arena; Due West, S.C.
RECORDS: King 14-5, 10-1, Erskine 5-14, 2-9
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Tornado broke an 11-11 tie early in the first set with a Jeff Sprayberry kill from Nick Drooker to take a 12-11 over the Flying Fleet.
- King used a 5-1 run midway through the set to take a 19-14 lead. During the run, the Tornado defense forced four errors by the Flying Fleet.
- The Tornado closed the set on another 5-1 run to take the first set 25-17. During the run, Kiel Bell and Dalton Johnson each recorded a kill for King.
- King jumped out to a quick 8-3 lead in the second set. Sprayberry recorded two kills during the run.
- A Sean Kohlhase kill gave the Tornado a 14-10 lead.
- King used a 7-1 run midway through the set to take a 21-12 lead in the set. Jon Wheaton recorded three kills during the run for the Tornado.
- The Tornado closed the set on a 3-1 run including a Drooker service ace that ended the second set to give King a 25-17 victory.
- King took a 10-7 lead in the third set following a Johnson block.
- The Tornado used an 8-3 run midway through the set to extend their lead to 20-12.
- King would eventually finish off the Flying Fleet 25-18 in the set and 3-0 in the match.
- Sprayberry led the Tornado with 10 kills and eight digs on the night.
- Johnson record eight kills and two blocks while hitting .667 in the contest.
- Drooker posted 26 assists and six digs for King.
FOR THE FOES
- Colton Rosendahl led the Flying Fleet with seven kills and five digs.
- Daniel Hermida chipped in five kills and five digs in the contest.
- King travels to Emmanuel College tomorrow for a 2:00 pm matchup with the Lions.
- Erskine hosts Lees-McRae College tomorrow afternoon.