GREENEVILLE, Tenn. – The King University men's cross country team opened the season with a solid showing at the Tusculum Open. Daniel Kovalchick finished in the top 10, leading the Tornado to a sixth place finish.
KING RESULTS: 6th of 10
LOCATION: Holston Home; Greeneville, Tenn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kovalchick finished the race in eighth place with a time of 17:02.5.
- Blaine Metcalf was the next Tornado finisher, crossing the tape in 18:46.9.
- Not far behind was Justin Stewart who finished in 19:01.6.
- Braydon Ragsdale and Kade McDonald came in next with times of 19:22.3 and 19:24.0, respectively.
- Brandon Bejarano and Jarah Brown rounded out the team for the Tornado with times of 20:49.7 and 22:30.1, respectively.
FOR THE FOES
- Tusculum University finished first while Milligan College took second and North Greenville University took third.
- Emmanuel College was fifth and Southern Wesleyan University finished fifth just ahead of the Tornado.
- Tusculum had the top two runners, with the winner, Will Cronin coming in with a time of 16:34.1.
- The Tornado are in action again on Friday when they travel to the Virginia Tech Alumni Meet.