CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The King University men's cross country team had a solid race on Friday night as five individual set personal records at the Royals Cross Country Challenge. The Tornado finished 34 in a deep field and were led by Daniel Kovalchick.
KING RESULTS: 34th of 43 (24th of 27 NCAA Division II)
LOCATION: McAlpine Creek Park; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kovalchick set a personal record, crossing the tape in 27:26.
- Blaine Metcalf set a personal best by more than one minute when he finished in 28:02.
- Justin Stewart finished third for the Tornado with a time of 29:02.
- Kade McDonald, Brandon Bejarano, and Braydon Ragsdale all posted their first career times under 30 minutes.
- McDonald led the way with a time of 29:09, besting his previous time of 30:18.3.
- Bejarano was also more than a minute fast that his previous time, crossing the finish line in 29:42.
- Ragsdale set a personal best by nearly two minutes when he finished in 29:55.
FOR THE FOES
- Queens University won the meet while the University of Mount Olive finished second.
- Christian Noble of Lee University won the individual title with a time of 23:27.
- The Tornado are in action again on October 20 at the 12th Annual Sand Shark Invitational in Bluffton, S.C.