CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The King University men's cross country team finished 38th in a deep Royals Cross Country Challenge on Friday afternoon. Blaine Metcalf led the way for the Tornado, finishing 179th.
KING RESULTS: 38th of 57
LOCATION: McApline Park; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Metcalf crossed the finish line first for the Tornado, coming in with a personal record time of 26:39.4.
- Not far behind was Kyle Hart who covered the course in 26:43.8, setting a new personal record.
- Kade McDonald also set a personal record, finishing in 27:08.3.
- Coming in next was Jesus Pacheco in a personal best time of 27:56.9.
- Jake Allison crossed the finish line in 28:17.7 to set a new personal record.
- Mason Thomas set a new personal best, finishing in 29:26.6.
- Crossing the tape next for King was Clathton Henfield in 32:17.1.
FOR THE FOES
- Lee University won the race while the University of Mount Olive finished second and Queens University took third.
- Joshua Chepkesir of UNC Pembroke won the event with a time of 23:22.7.
- The Tornado are in action again on Friday at the Vertcross 2019 in High Point, N.C.