BELMONT, N.C. – The King University women's basketball team were in action again Saturday. The Tornado had a tough day and were down almost the whole game as they fell to Tusculum 76-55.
FINAL SCORE: Tusculum 76, King 55
LOCATION: Wheeler Center; Belmont, N.C.
RECORDS: King 1-1; Tusculum 2-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
· The Pioneers came out hot starting off the game with a 9-2 run eventually stopped by a Kristen Cupples three-point basket making the score 10-5.
· Tusculum was quick to answer before the end of the first quarter scoring 5 points in 38 seconds to give the Pioneers a 15-5 lead over King.
·An 11-2 run of King's own capped off by a Madison Davis three-point basket helped cut the Tusculum lead down 17-16.
· King and Tusculum exchanges baskets throughout the rest of the second quarter and king went into halftime trailing Tusculum 29-27.
· The Tornado were able to get their first lead of the game 34-32 with 7:06 remaining in the third quarter coming in the form of a layup from Taylor Freeman.
· Tusculum then went on a 10-0 run to go up 42-34.
· To end the third quarter Tusculum scored 10 points to King's eight and go into the fourth quarter with a 52-42 lead.
· Tusculum was able to outscore the Tornado 24-13 in the fourth quarter to take the game 76-55.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
· Kori West had 9 points and consecutive games with double-digit rebounds at 10 for the Tornado.
· Trinity Lee has career-high eight points.
FOR THE FOES
· Yolisma Cupidan had 15 points and eight rebounds
· Sydney Wilson had 19 points for the Pioneers.
· King hosts UVa-Wise for their home opener Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
· Tusculum travels to Clayton State University Thursday.