BROWNS SUMMIT, N.C. – The King University women's golf team started play at the Conference Carolinas Championship on Sunday, and the Tornado are in fifth place following Monday's second round with one round remaining. King shot 320 on day one and 328 on day for a tournament total of 648. Samantha Taylor leads the Tornado and is in seventh place with one round remaining.
KING RESULTS: 5th/9 (648)
LOCATION: Champions Course at Bryan Park; Browns Summit, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 5911 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Taylor shot 76 in the opening round and followed it with an 80 in the second round to post a tournament total 156.
- Elizabeth Swallow is next for the Tornado as she is in 13 place with a stroke total of 159. She started her tournament with an 82 and followed it with a 77 in the second round.
- Coming in next is Daphne Chang who shot 79 in the opening round and followed it with an 84 in the second round for a tournament total of 163.
- Nicola Robertson carded an 83 in the first round before shooting 87 in the second round to post a tournament total of 170.
- Autumn Bergendahl rounded out the Tornado squad with a scores of 101 in the first round and 103 in the second round to finish with a total of 204.
FOR THE FOES
- Limestone College leads the tournament with a tournament score of 618.
- Converse College is second at 629 while Pfeiffer University follows at 634 and the University of Mount Olive is fourth at 641.
- Taylor McInnis of Limestone leads the individual leaderboard with a score of 148 after shooting 76-72 in the first two rounds.
- The Conference Carolinas Championship concludes with the third and final round on Tuesday at the Champions Course at Bryan Park.