ANDERSON, S.C. – Roxane Nataf led the King University women's golf team to a fourth place finish at the season opening Anderson University Invitational. Nataf finished fourth individually as the Tornado posted a tournament total of 687.
KING RESULTS: 4th of 4 (687)
LOCATION: Cobbs Glen Country Club; Anderson. S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 5,940 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Nataf posted one of seven rounds in the tournament that was under 80, shooting 78 in the second round.
- She finished the tournament with a stroke total of 160 to finish fourth, her first career top 10 in her first career tournament.
- Nicola Robertson was next for the Tornado, finishing 14th with a tournament score of 171 following a second round of 85.
- Finishing with a stroke total of 176 was Morgan Powers who shot an 84 in the final round.
- Shelby Zeiter improved her round one score with a second round of 87 to finish with a stroke total of 187.
- Rounding out the squad was Autumn Bergendahl shot 96 in the second round, finishing with a total of 189.
- Playing as an individual, Maddie Davis closed the tournament with a round of 102, finishing with a total of 207.
FOR THE FOES
- Anderson University won the tournament as their score of 638 topped Lincoln Memorial University's score of 639. Erskine College shot 671 to finish third.
- Lincoln Memorial's Dominika Czudkova won the individual title, shooting 74-75 for a total of 149. Anderson's Kate Hill was second at 150, shooting 76-74.
- The Tornado are in action again on Monday and Tuesday as they host the King University Invitational at the Country Club of Bristol.