MONROE, N.C. – The King University women's golf team finished the 2018 Wingate Challenge with a round of 334 to finish tenth with a total score of 663. Nicola Robertson led King with a total score of 149 to finish second overall in the event.
KING RESULTS: 10th of 11 (663)
LOCATION: Rolling Hills Country Club; Monroe, N.C.
COURSE DETAILS: Par 72; 5,968 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Robertson led the way for the Tornado, following her first round of 74 with a 75 to finish with a total of 158.
- At the end of 36 holes on day two, Robertson was tied with Lenoir-Rhyne University's Ainee O'Connor. On the first playoff hole, the 18th hole, Robertson came in with a bogey while O'Connor finished with a par.
- Roxane Nataf was next for the Tornado, shooting an 82 in the second round, finishing in with a total of 161.
- Shelby Zeiter carded a 90 for King in the final round Tuesday to finish with a total of 174 while teammate Morgan Powers finished the second day with an 87 for a total of 179.
- Rounding out the day for the Tornado was Autumn Bergendahl with a score of 95. She finished the tournament with a total of 193.
FOR THE FOES
- Lenior-Rhyne University won the tournament with a total of 615 while Wingate University took second with a score of 625.
- Ainee O'Connor of Lenior-Rhyne University won the individual title with a total score of 149.
- The Tornado are back in action March 26 when they travel to Greenville, Tennessee for the Agnes McAmis Memorial tournament at the Links Hills Country Club.